Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full- time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate must be able to work First, Second, or Third Shift.
Performs complex installation and maintenance craftwork involving diagnosis, dismantling, repair, and reassembly of intricate systems, equipment, and mechanisms. Involves “A” type electrical skills and the performance of “B” type work in refrigeration and several other craft categories on a regular basis. Type “A” skill requires specialized training and experience usually acquired through formal apprenticeships or equivalent training and experience. Type “B” skills require specialized training and experience. Work from complicated blueprints, schematics, layouts, verbal instructions, etc. Maintain clean and safe work areas and perform related duties.
Quality is the responsibility of all employees and each must have a thorough understanding of the quality policy and the appropriate procedures, standards, and actions as they apply to process and product activities, and as directed by the employee's team leader/supervisor. Employees have the responsibility and authority to identify, record, control, correct, and verify any and all nonconformities relating to their job.
Employees are expected to comply with all applicable safety rules, security requirements, Equal Employment Opportunity regulations, Environmental Safety & Health policies, and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Perform complex diagnosis, troubleshooting repair and installation of intricate equipment and systems with an emphasis on electrical and PLC
- Use precision measuring and analytical test equipment and processes
- Perform type “A” electrical diagnostics, repairs, and installation
- Perform type “B” refrigeration and skilled craft work in all required categories to support the facility
- Ability to interpret and apply requirements from provided instructions (i.e. blueprints, manuals, schematics, layouts, verbal, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and timely records, both electronic and manual
- Assure calibration and equipment compliance as required
- Perform duties related to proper material movement and handling
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Education, Experience, & Skills :
· High school diploma or equivalent desired
· Electrical or HVAC journeyman's license
· Craft level experience to perform required assignments
· Ability to read, comprehend and apply written work instructions
· Ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good manual dexterity requiring the use of both hands and eye/hand/finger coordination for handling small
mechanical and electrical equipment
· Information entry via a computer
· Lifting up to 50 pounds
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills :
·Ability and experience with Electrical diagnostics, repairs, and installation.
·Ability and experience with HVAC diagnostics, repairs, and installation.
·Interpret and troubleshoot PLC systems
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Apply on company website