BAE is seeking an IT Engineering Tools Software Support to provide technical support and improvements on computer systems for Defense Industry Software Engineering computing environment. The role of the employee is to; apply technical computing standards to moderately complex problems, plan and execute subtasks of larger projects which support the Software engineering team, implement subtasks through managed processes and provide day-to-day support for the Software Engineers and their laboratories. The products created within this environment enhance the war fighting capabilities of the U.S. Military through software engineering development activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide Atlassian, server (Linux) focused support, application licensing, configuration, and resolving system issues of the Atlassian suite e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd, and Collabnet Subversion Edge Subversion, etc.
2. Provide technical support in the areas of application software management, application automations, licensing, laboratory configuration, and resolving issues. Consult with senior and/or lead analysts for assistance with problem resolution requiring a higher level of technical expertise.
3. Provide or develop successful automation techniques supporting improvements in customer processes, application installation or applications usage.
4. Assists in analyzing, diagnosing, and solving technical problems of moderate scope with computer hardware and software applications, operating systems, and connectivity to develop and implement or simply make recommendations for technical solutions.
5. Analyze software applications, hardware and operating systems to develop user best practices or find proper corrective action to minimize current and future negative impact on the user community while ensuring solutions are consistent with operational standards.
6. Provides application management of assigned suite of engineering applications. Actions include, maintaining life-cycle data in management database, upgrade suite to enterprise version and integrate to company standards, react to customers and respond to application optimization efforts.
7. Assists in the design, development, installation, monitoring, and evaluation of software and systems to maintain optimum performance.
8. Provide specialized support to engineering software development labs. Demonstrate ability to implement OS and application upgrades. Trouble-shoot subsystem issues identifying component failure and resolve issues under general supervision.
9. Maintains up-to-date knowledge and a basic understanding of industry practices, trends and application products to continually enhance the computing capabilities.
10. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as support needs dictate.
11. Ability to provide on-call or after-hours support of critical systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
Required Skills and Education
1. A high level of general educational development normally acquired through completion of a four year program in Management of Information Systems or Computer Science.
2. To achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction the applicant shall demonstrate a very high level of written and verbal communication skills.
3. Experience with Microsoft and Redhat operating systems, application installations within a networked environment and experience troubleshooting network issues.
4. Demonstrate experience providing support to customers and basic conflict resolution techniques.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Experience with Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd, etc. and Collabnet Subversion Edge, administration and configuration.
2. Customer support experience with understanding of Service Level agreements and use of enterprise IT service management application.
3. Experience with application installations and upgrades within Client Server architecture.
4. In the future this candidate may need to receive a security clearance.
5. ITILv3 certification or understanding of ITIL concepts.
6. Familiarity with cybersecurity standards e.g. NIST 800-171.
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website