BAE is searching for an IT Engineering Tools Software Support specialist to provide technical support and improvements on computer systems for Defense Industry Software Engineering computing environment. The role of the employee is to; apply technical computing standards to moderately complex problems, plan and execute subtasks of larger projects which support the Software engineering team, implement subtasks through managed processes and provide day-to-day support for the Software Engineers and their laboratories. The products created within this environment enhance the war fighting capabilities of the U.S. Military through software engineering development activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical support in the areas of application software management, application automations, licensing, laboratory configuration, and resolving issues. Consult with senior and/or lead analysts for assistance with problem resolution requiring a higher level of technical expertise.
2. Provide or develop successful automation techniques supporting improvements in customer processes, application installation or applications usage.
3. Assists in analyzing, diagnosing, and solving technical problems of moderate scope with computer hardware and software applications, operating systems, and connectivity to develop and implement or simply make recommendations for technical solutions.
4. Analyze software applications, hardware and operating systems to develop user best practices or find proper corrective action to minimize current and future negative impact on the user community while ensuring solutions are consistent with operational standards.
5. Provides application management of assigned suite of engineering applications. Actions include, maintaining life-cycle data in management database, upgrade suite to enterprise version and integrate to company standards, react to customers and respond to application optimization efforts.
6. Assists in the design, development, installation, monitoring, and evaluation of software and systems to maintain optimum performance.
7. Provide specialized support to engineering software development labs. Demonstrate ability to implement OS and application upgrades. Trouble-shoot subsystem issues identifying component failure and resolve issues under general supervision.
8. Maintains up-to-date knowledge and a basic understanding of industry practices, trends and application products to continually enhance the computing capabilities.
9. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time as support needs dictate.
10. Ability to provide on-call or after-hours support of critical systems.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience with Microsoft and Redhat operating systems, application installations within a networked environment and experience troubleshooting network issues.
Demonstrate experience providing support to customers and basic conflict resolution techniques.
The candidate will need to be eligible to receive a security clearance within 6 months of hire date or have an active Secret clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Customer support experience with understanding of Service Level agreements and use of enterprise IT service management application.
Experience with application installations and upgrades within Client Server architecture.
Understanding of Automation techniques supporting application management e.g. installation, information extraction, or monitoring.
Network communication knowledge with practical applications to firewalls, VLANs, capture tools (Wireshark), structuring, and troubleshooting.
ITILv3 certification or understanding of ITIL concepts.
Familiarity with cybersecurity standards e.g. NIST 800-171.
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website