BAE Systems in York, PA is seeking a Warehouse Manager that will be responsible for helping to establish inventory accuracy on our site. You will oversee the day-to-day operations related to inventory control, picking and expedites of material, material storage, warehouse space utilization, movement of material to manufacturing lines, facility maintenance, and employee engagement.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinates daily for inventory accuracy, adjustments, cycle counts, picking and expedited material, and accountability of Government Furnished Material (GFM).
- Lead the Team. Oversee schedule, quality, and performance of the Warehouse from Receiving through delivery of material to the manufacturing line.
- Control the flow of material from BAE Systems in York, PA. Implement and enforce strategies to achieve quality and cost-effective Warehouse operations. Provide leadership to all employees directly. Follow and ensure compliance with all written rules and procedures.
- Ensures that workplace health, safety requirements, training, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are accurate and up to date.
- This person should have a working knowledge of government required documents, FAR and DFAR requirements, and should be a proponent of Continuous Improvement processes and LEAN Management in order to be successful.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of inventory management experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- This person should have a working knowledge of government required documents, FAR and DFAR requirements
- Strong proponent of Continuous Improvement processes with experience implementing.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt) Certification.
- Experience with Oracle ERP software.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website