BAE Systems is looking for a Chief of Information Systems Division within the Integration Support Contract (ISC) team. The Division is comprised of approximately 100 employees providing information technology, cyber security, software development, program management, acquisition and engineering support to Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon systems, including the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), a major (ACAT-1D) DoD acquisition effort. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to accomplish the following activities while leading a team of 100+ subject matter experts and engineers accomplishing the same:
- Accomplish information systems objectives by leading staff. Model and demonstrate strong leadership in ethics, safety and security. Clearly communicate job expectations by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities. Maintain safe and healthy working environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Accomplish information systems objectives by designing and monitoring information systems. Manage, coordinate, plan, organize, control, integrate, and execute a project or collection of projects. Ensure achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives. Participate in the support of new business and in the development of financial plans for the company.
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity. Developing working group meeting agendas, preparing and consolidating briefing materials, meeting minutes, and answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations. Conduct research in areas which require a high level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and some related fields. Maintaining knowledge in area of specialization and awareness of developments in the remaining related fields, including extensive contributions to proposal efforts when requested by management.
- Apply Systems Engineering Principles in the development of strategic plans meeting customer requirements. Assist customers in the development of current and future IT system requirements. Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities and recommending alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations.
- Direct project activities or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives. Prepare project execution plan and identify technical and business resources needed. Review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status reports. Assess issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provide program management, technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
This position is located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Software, Mathematics, or equivalent experience in the applicable domain.
- 12 yrs experience in direct Program Management of contracted workloads.
- 14 yrs (12 yrs with MS degree) of progressive experience in systems integration and analysis of hardware and software systems/processes (or commercial equivalent).
- 10 yrs experience in system design, integration, and analytical efforts
- Able to obtain and retain a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance
- Able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative, complex problem solving, and an ability to organize assigned daily tasks and the tasks of subordinates with no supervision
- Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in systems analysis, diagnostics, repair and network security protocol
Preferred Skills and Education
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Graduate ABET accredited Technical degree
- Some experience with ICBMs
- DoD, Pentagon or USAF Major Command experience
- DoD APDP PM level III or equivalent certification
- Experience working with nuclear weapon systems
- Experience as a DoD System Program Manager
- Experience running a large industrial production operation
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website