Read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs and use GIS to develop intelligence reports and products to solve key intelligence questions. Responsibilities include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling. The select candidate will illuminate key locations and personalities within terrorist networks utilizing Big Data mining and aggregation. The geospatial analyst will synthesize accurate and timely Spatial-Temporal Multi-INT assessments based on the data mined leveraging geospatial analytic and production tools. This position requires strong collaboration skills with analyst, mission partners and customers. Intelligence reports, graphics and briefing will be used to communicate the analysis rendered.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10+ years of GEOINT experience.
- All the skills listed in the Journeyman role, in addition to;
- Working/functional knowledge of ArcGIS Pro.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using ArcGIS 10.x for contributing to and maintaining an instance of ArcServer.
- Working/functional knowledge of scripting and programm6ing languages such as Python and Java with the ability to apply these skills to geospatial models and solutions.
- Working/functional knowledge of data science techniques for geospatial analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design principles as they relate to incorporating a map or cartographic visualization into an infographic or tabloid.
- Demonstrated application of Adobe Illustrator for the purposes of incorporating a map or cartographic visualization into an infographic or tabloid.
- Knowledge of other GIS applications such as ArcGIS Earth and QGIS.
- Ability to interact with management team as GA Contract team lead to ensure FTE GA availability, project completing, and product quality.
- Expertise in terrain and hydrologic modeling utilizing high-resolution digital elevation model data.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- GPC-F Certified.
- Relevant experience in the Geospatial Analysis field in the last year.
- Relevant experience in complex vector network and raster surface analysis.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website