BAE Systems, Electronic Systems (ES) Sector is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) analyst to support the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line within the Precision Strike (PS) Business Area. The Finance organization is a trusted business partner delivering information and innovative solutions for decision-making in order to deliver quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development allowing employees to build a long-term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of all PGSS financial forecasts, including the Operating Plan, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and the long-term Integrated Business Plan (IBP)
- Act as a liaison between various functions (FP&A, Business Development, Strategy, Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts) at the Product Line, Business Area and Sector level
- Understand the major programs and how they impact key salients
- Analyze financial variances to identify and drive closure plans
- Facilitate weekly reporting on stop ships, collection forecasts, and COVID impacts
- Proactively analyze and manage New Business Funds and Capital allocations
- Monitor PGSS Program Office department expenses and labor utilization
- Generate Business Cases for new pursuits using the Investment Evaluation Model
- Ensure compliance to internal controls and seek out opportunities for continuous improvement
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of work experience or equivalent experience; alternatively, a master's degree and 2 years of work experience.
- Previous experience in Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse work teams.
- Capability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience communicating and presenting financial data to other functions in an accurate, concise, and understandable manner.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of program costs, revenue recognition, profit, cash and collections.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website