BAE Systems' F35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for a Software Systems Engineer to assist in generating requirements and then to develop and execute algorithms generated for processing large amounts of Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) data based on those requirements.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in systems engineering methods and software engineering standards to ensure quality solutions are delivered into the field for maintenance of F-35 aircraft.
Job duties include systems architecture requirements and analysis, design/mechanization, design reviews with dedicated software and systems engineering team members.
This position will be hired in Q1, 2020.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Ability to gain and hold a SECRET SAP/SAR clearance
- Work with Integrated Product Teams on F-35 to generate high level algorithm requirements that drive aircraft prognostics and maintenance.
- Learning and understanding the different tools that have been developed on the Joint Strike Fighter Program for use of mining and viewing flight data.
- Able to operate and manage large amounts of data
- Problem-solving skills to identify issues and present options for correcting those issues.
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Requirements decomposition into software design.
- Software Design and Implementation (Java, Java EE, Web Development experience preferred)
- Python development
- MATLAB development
- Understanding of Database Schemas / Interfacing with Databases (Oracle experience preferred)
- Configuration Management
- Customer / User interactions
- Must have the ability to present engineering findings
- Must be able to translate the technical description of these findings into plain English
- Must write and speak clearly, and easily when describing complex ideas
- Must have the ability to look at numbers, trends, correlations, and data to come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Must have precise attention to details to ensure the conclusions are correct and accurate
- Must have good understanding of mathematical concepts to build the different tests and distributions.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with military aircraft maintenance processes
- Experience developing software applications in Java and C++
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL and with Java Persistence Architecture (JPA)
Experience using Eclipse, Netbeans, or other similar IDEs
- Have an understanding of database structure, and interfacing with relational databases
Aircraft System Troubleshooting Experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website