Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and become a part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are searching for a mechanically talented IT savvy F-35 Full Mission Simulator (FMS) Technician (starts January 2020). This position will work together with employees from multiple companies, in support of the F-35 Full Mission Simulators at Hill AFB, Utah.
Additionally, the selected candidate will work closely with Tier 1 partners, the Joint Strike Fighter Program Office (JSFPO), along with US and non-US customers. This role will support daily maintenance and operations of the F-35 Full Mission Simulator, including scheduled maintenance actions, mission loads, re-configurations, responding to customer calls, as well as long term sustainment support, system upgrades and IT administrative duties.
The F-35 FMS Simulator Technician job responsibilities include:
- Installing components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, and customer facilities
- Performing, conducting and documenting preventive maintenance checks required for the devices and associated subsystems
- Updating maintenance data collection records and assisting with the installation and check-out of modifications to equipment
- Maintaining simulation devices to meet availability specifications. Applying technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting design drawings, manuals or simulator documents.
- Assisting with installations, testing, and maintenance of F-35 software packages. Isolating and reporting malfunctions and discrepancies to the lowest definable levels. Documenting and maintaining cabling schemes and drawings
- Establishing and performing maintenance programs following company and vendor standards
- Complying with site security and access control procedures in accordance with F-35 program and customer procedures
- Sanitizing all classified media (circuit cards, disk storage devices, etc.) to the LRU in accordance with established F-35 and customer procedures
- The successful candidate must have worked in an environment which required them to interact with multiple functional areas and personnel of a diverse nature.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidates must have a Final Transferable security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years
- Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access
- Knowledge and experience with simulation hardware and software
- Ability to read and use technical schematics, drawings and manuals along with other technical materials to resolve complex problems
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Candidate must be willing to support flexible work hours to align with customer operational schedule
- Candidate must have a current Security+ certificate or able to acquire a Security + certification within 6 months of hire date
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years experience with aviation simulation systems
- Holds a Linux Certification or has experience and is familiar with the Linux/Unix ecosystem"
- Proven hardware and software support experience in a training/modeling and simulation environment
- Network troubleshooting and maintenance experience
- Ability to brief/teach technical information to internal and external audiences
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members
- Currently possess a current Security + certificate
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website