The selected candidate will lead and grow an engineering team supporting multiple long-term contracts we have held for many years and new contracts recently won. Looking for an experienced systems engineer to manage the BAE Systems Engineering Department in Lexington Park, MD. Work includes developing solutions for mobile and fixed C5ISR systems, ground and airborne systems, manned and unmanned platforms, AV/VTC systems, and IT/Cyber systems on multiple programs for NAWC WOLF and their DoD and federal agency sponsors. Responsibilities include the following:
- Overall Duties - Responsible for providing systems engineering expertise, technical leadership, department staffing, resource management, and working as part of company and customer business development teams to expand opportunities.
- Systems Engineering Expertise - Provide systems engineering expertise to define customer requirements, prepare concept designs, evaluate new technologies, develop solutions, lead design teams to produce system integration drawings packages, and support programs through test, verification, and fielding.
- Department Staffing - Work with contract managers and customers to identify current and future required skills. Attract and hire personnel with required experience, capabilities, education, and certifications.
- Resource Management - Coordinate with project/program managers to assemble engineering teams. Engage in people management activities such as training, development, and mentoring.
- Technical Oversight - Oversee technical performance to meet customer cost, schedule, and technical requirements. Identify improvements in engineering and production processes, tools, and training that can offer increased efficiency, responsiveness, and product quality.
- Customer Interface - Engage directly with customers to define task requirements, develop cost estimates, agree on task schedules, identify and mitigate task risks, and share subject matter expertise.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidate. Applicants must be currently residing in or willing to relocate to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering and at least 12 years of C4ISR Systems Engineering experience
At least 5 years of engineering management experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong leadership, people skills, judgment and problem solving capabilities
Active security clearance and ability to maintain (eligible for TS)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Aerospace Engineering and/or network engineering degrees, certifications, and experience
Experience supporting NAWC WOLF
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website