Experienced Electrical Technician. The EMI/EMC Technician's responsibilities include electromagnetic compatibility test setup, verification, data collection, and analysis & reporting of systems, subsystems, and components. Successful candidate will be involved in the following:
• Conducting system, subsystem, and component level EMI tests
• Testing complex circuits and systems for EMI compliance; i.e. MIL-STD-461
• Under the guidance of EMI engineers, follow EMI test procedures to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including conducted and radiated emissions and immunity.
• Troubleshooting system level problems and isolating EMI problem sources.
• Reviewing EMI test procedures, and generating EMI test reports.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Associates Degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• 4+ years' experience in electrical and/or antenna testing
• 4+ years' experience in EMI/EMC setup, testing, data collection, and reporting
• Working knowledge of MIL-STD's 461/464/704 (or equivalent i.e. 47CFR15/DO160)
• Experience with operation of electrical test equipment such as digitizing oscilloscopes, spectrum and network analyzers, EMI receivers, low noise amplifiers, signal generators, multimeters, etc.
• Ability to obtain & maintain DoD security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Experience with EMI software tools such as TILE or EMC32.
• Experience reviewing EMI test processes for completeness and accuracy.
• Proficient in product qualification tests and test techniques.
• Proficient in EMI/EMC testing
• Possess iNarte EMC Technician Certification
• Possess Secret or Top Secret DoD security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website