BAE Systems is hiring! Given our continued growth, we have immediate roles available for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our Transition to Production, Production Support and Sustainment team as an electrical lead for one of our product lines.
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems. Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
In this role, you will have a chance to grow your leadership skills as you support the continued production and sustainment of one of our product lines. You will be the primary point of contact and electrical engineering lead for a complex assembly consisting of microwave, digital and analog electrical subassemblies.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with cutting-edge hardware fielded on the most advanced Military Platforms.
Activities day to day will vary and may include:
- Assessing design updates to existing electrical subassemblies
- Conducting circuit analyses to assess performance impacts
- Mentoring junior level engineers and technicians
- Working with hardware suppliers
- Driving product yield and affordability improvements
- Leading the debug of complex circuits
- Leading/Supporting transition to production of new products
- Working in partnership with a cross functional team to ensure on time deliveries of quality products to support the War Fighter.
If you are looking to be immersed in a myriad of new technical challenges, this role is for you!
At BAE Systems, we thrive in a diverse and dynamic team oriented environment with principles of respect and trust. Our engineers interact with colleagues and peers of various disciplines and backgrounds to arrive at innovative solutions to problems. We encourage collaboration and foster an environment of knowledge sharing and continuous learning. Take the first step towards achieving your career goals with us and apply today!
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
- Experience testing and troubleshooting microwave, digital and analog electronic assemblies
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Able to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure - Own the Design
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Active or previously held Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
- 8+ years working on electronic subassemblies.
- Experience gathering and analyzing test data to assess trends and develop yield improvement plans
- Experience in electrical design including circuit simulation, and design for manufacturing / test.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website