See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
This Director of Program Management position leads the C4ISR Adaptive Sensors Special Project 5/9 program. This is a high visibility Firm Fixed Price (FFP) development program working with both the Prime and End-User customer communities. The development program leads to significant production follow-on. There are near and long-term Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) anticipated that provide ample opportunity for the Program Director to grow the program scope and define the future system roadmap.
- Ensuring achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives
- Participating in the support of new business and in the development of financial plans for the company
- Modeling and demonstrating strong leadership in ethics, safety and security
- Leading technical and program teams through all phases of the lifecycle
- Providing proactive leadership of a key strategic portfolio to achieve customer commitments and growth expectations
- Demonstrating visible leadership across the portfolio leading by example and driving program performance excellence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience presenting to senior leaders and customers
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and experience leading technical development programs
- Experience leading the execution of complex DoD development contracts
- Experience with transition to production
- Experience working with customers to define and capture future growth opportunities
- Experience as Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Demonstrated leadership ability within a matrix organization
- Active Secret Clearance and Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- B.S. in Engineering or experience leading technical development programs
- Experience working on both cost responsive and firm fixed price contracts
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website