Our team is looking for a Software/Data Migration Engineer to be a key member of a dynamic, multi-disciplined team focused on developing advanced analytic capabilities for a DoD customer in a Cloud environment. As a Data Migration Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing data sets, building and running tools to transform and migrate data from legacy systems to new systems in a virtual environment, ensuring data integrity and accuracy. Solutions will leverage a variety of commercial, government, and open source software and frameworks such as Apache Kafka, Apache ZooKeeper, AWS, Elastic Search Java, MongoDB, PostGres, Python, and Salt in a Linux environment. If you're the type that thrives in an energetic, fast-paced environment and has a can-do attitude, then this position is for you.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- TS//SCI Clearance and experience working in the Intelligence Community
- Bachelor's and 6 years of related experience (as a Software Developer, System Administrator or Development Operations Engineer), or 10 years related experience without Bachelors, or Masters and 4 years related of experience.
- Strong Linux/Unix Operating Systems skills including command line, scripting, and resource utilization tools.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one common scripting language (Python, Bash).
- Knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases such as MongoDB, Redis, Accumulo or similar technologies and relational databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- COMPTia Security+ Certification or CISSP required.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Previous experience supporting the IC is a plus
- Experience with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sets, using XSLT, XML and scripting languages for data transformation.
- Experience working with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Archiva or similar
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo) a plus
- Experience with JSON, RESTful web services, Microservice Framework Pattern, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills conducive to team building.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website