Summary: Our team is looking for someone to evaluate current data and services, develop “formulas” to aggregate specified data and systems, and provide a visualization prototype/methodology to show the formulas at work. Identify data and process improvements in order for the formulas to work properly and recommend long-term solution(s) to advance Business Analytics in a final report.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify workflow improvements systems in order to reduce analytic fatigue and administrative burden
- Document the desired master and reference standards of specific data fields to ensure interoperability
- Identify a system that can store an interoperable database with appropriate security protocols
- Have each system identify the parameters for sending output to a centralized DB per agreed upon standards
- Set guidelines and policy for access to business data (primary and integrated forms)
- Design and define highly performant data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using scripting language such as python and/or open source such as nifi
- Architect and build security compliant user management framework for multi-tenant big data platform
- Integrate the end to end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Implementing high performant data ingestion pipelines
- Document the common master and reference data services needed
- Determine the governance process to manage the lifecycle of each service, to include creating new data, changing existing data, and archiving data.
- Build data dictionary to document shared understanding of key data (master/reference)
- Experience /knowledge of AWS Cloud
- Maintains metadata layer, database ontology, monitors overall database standards and procedure, and integrates systems through database design
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and experience integrating Data Architecture and Data Governance into that lifecycle to steer towards desirable outcomes.
- Experience with analyzing current state and conceiving desired future state, and identifying projects required to evolve.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases such as MongoDB, Redis, Accumulo or similar technologies and relational databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- COMPTia Security+ Certification
- Experience with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sets, using XSLT, XML and scripting languages for data transformation.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website