Jumpstart your career as a cybersecurity professional with BAE Systems, supporting and protecting information systems critical to national security at one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense. Develop your Information Assurance (IA) career through hands on application, work with seasoned professionals, and a training and development plan designed to grow your skills in a fast paced, team-based environment.
If you are looking to learn, influence, and help develop top cyber technologies, applications, and processes that protect and service our customers wherever they may be air, land, and sea come join our award-winning security team here at Electronic Systems (ES).
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, DFARS, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- IAM Level III certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements
- High level of personal motivation and ability to manage/streamline standardization across the sector, the willingness to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Able to provide leadership, guidance, and training to a team of Information Assurance personnel
- Strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of Information Assurance
- Serve as the primary Information Assurance focal point for a large number of complex effort(s) and/or area(s)
- Experience developing, implementing, updating and enforcing companywide information assurance policies and procedures
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives
- Ability to work with leadership at various levels and participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security tools, techniques, and technologies to ensure they align with enterprise alignment with IT security strategy
- Strong organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- In-depth knowledge/expertise with one or more of the following tools: Splunk, Nessus; SCAP, ACAS, SCC, other Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Tools; Antivirus such as MacAfee; SIPR, eMASS and Xacta databases
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Experience with Contingency and Incident Response Plan development and implementation
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website