BAE Systems is looking for an Advanced Cyber Technology Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will work on a high performance, multi-disciplinary team to identify, develop, assess and deploy cyber engineering capabilities. Tasks may include 1) establishing and operating a Cyber/IA Lab, 2) researching and updating organizational processes to implement defense-in-depth solutions, 3) evaluate and assess cyber/IA technologies for application to BAE System programs, 4) develop processes and infrastructure for adversarial testing (vulnerability assessments and penetration testing), and 5) develop and lead a Red Team capability. This position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms, mission applications, and components for intelligence and defense customers with emphasis on Electronic Warfare (EW), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Mission Management, and Geospatial Intelligence.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Knowledge and experience with offensive cyber capabilities (threat modeling, attack modeling, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and Red Team leadership)
• US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
• Knowledge and experience with VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
• Ability to manage small groups
• Ability to conduct applied research focused on capability development and best practice integration
• Ability to perform business requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
• Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile Objectives and iterative development schedules
• Ability to develop and execute business strategy, communicate with senior leadership, and mentor cyber engineers
• Proven ability to develop and present content inside BAE Systems Cyber/IA Community of Practice
• DOD 8570 certification
IAT Level III
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- Knowledge of Agile management tools (e.g., SAFe Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience leading penetration testing teams
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website