Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are looking for a Configuration Manager to join a mission critical, state-of-the-art program, within the intelligence community.
In This Role You Will:
- Create, document, and implement a Software Configuration Management (SCM) Plan including CM tools, version control, CI/CD processes, procedures, and best practices for all projects within the organization.
- Be in a highly visible position reporting directly to the Chief Software Architect for the organization.
- Work closely with the Chief Software Architect and the all project Tech Leads to implement the SCM plan to ensure a consistent and repeatable approach for CM across the entire organization.
•Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
•Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
•Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Six (6) years' experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Four (4) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience with creating, implementing, and documenting a Software Configuration Management plan including check-in, check-out, merge, build, versioning, packaging, release, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD principals and concepts using tools such as GitLab CI
- Experience with IaC principles and automation tools such as Ansible
- Experience with build, test and package software tools such as CMake
- Experience with CI/CD principals and concepts using tools such as GitLab CI and Jenkins
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with Ansible Tower
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Agile principles and concepts
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website