Performs a variety of production and test functions, including some of the following:
- Assemble, repair and inspect all types of electrical/mechanical assemblies and circuit boards in the construction of units/systems.
- Perform a variety of tasks in the movement, stocking and issuing of orders.
- Perform routine data analysis and identify readily evident and/or recurring problems such as locating defective components, wiring errors, alignment, etc.
- Work in Engineering Labs to train on new start-up products.
- Use basic computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word/Excel) as needed for record-keeping and data analysis.
- Maintain records and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform chemical handling & recycling functions.
- Perform general cleanup of the work area.
- Perform Go/No Go Testing, i.e. cables and programming
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Position falls under the IBEW Union local 1634 and rates are non-negotiable for any reason per the agreement between BAE Systems and IBEW local 1634
- High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Basic computer skills (Email, Microsoft Office products, etc.)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website