You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Join a dynamic and well versed security team that provides support across several Business Areas within BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector. The opportunity to be part of the security team, in one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, offers a motivated professional a unique entry point to work across a broad range of activities supporting a diverse portfolio.
BAE Systems is looking to hire a Security Specialist to support Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSO) for multiple programs executed out of our San Diego, CA campus. As the Assistant Contract Program Security Officer (ACPSO) you will work closely with security management and assigned program staff on all aspects of special program security.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Possess a high level of understanding and previous application of the ICD-705, to include, but not limited to; intrusion detection systems, access control devices, TEMPEST requirements, drawings/specifications, etc. for DoD and IC customers.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of the U.S. Government security standards.
- Familiar with a wide range of products and applications used to meet the requirements of the ICD 705 Technical Specifications.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrate understanding of the DoD SAP Manuals, ICDs and TEMPEST.
- Ability to apply the foregoing knowledge of government security requirements in a complex multi-level secure environment to ensure program compliance in non-routine situations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on clear and cogent presentation of complex information.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the DoD SAP Manuals & ICD series manuals.
- Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems, and provide focused solutions.
- Professional demeanor, good people skills, ability to communicate effectively, and be able to perform in a multi-tasked, dynamic environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website