- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
In this role you will:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of plans to ensure optimized quality level.
- Recommending, developing and establishing process techniques.
- Establishing controls to measure and improve productivity and product quality.
- Establishing and maintaining measurement and feedback systems to monitor, pinpoint, and troubleshoot problems areas and recommend solutions.
- Originating and/or revising manufacturing process instructions.
- Assuring that established concepts, process equipment, facilities, material handling techniques, operator skills, and vendor requirements will satisfy the needs of a given program.
- Supporting the development of new methods, processes, and equipment and applying them to the manufacturing operation.
- Providing technical support to, and assisting in determining the technical and manufacturing capability of suppliers. Managing resources and providing program status information and feedback to internal customers and staff leader.
- Performing those functions delegated to him/her by the Chief Inspector or the Assistant Chief Inspector, and as specified by FAR Part 65.
- Assuring the airworthiness of items being repaired, by oversight of the repair operations, inspections, audits and accompanying documentation.
- Reviewing the work folder (Router, Purchase Order etc.) for completeness and conformance to the requirements of the Repair Station Manual.
- Approving hardware for release to service when the maintenance has been satisfactorily performed.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 2 year electronics degree or equivalent experience
- Perform final review of commercial products in the Aftermarket
- Interpret technical documentation including customer requirements, maintenance manuals, engineering orders, service bulletins, electrical schematics, etc.
- Familiarity with Oracle and Microsoft Office products
- Participate in process improvements
- Disposition work instructions
- Create planning and routers
- Become part of Aftermarket FAA Anti Drug Pool
- Able to obtain FAA Repairman Certificate upon hiring
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 4 year electronics degree or equivalent experience
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma experience
- Previous experience in an FAA Repair Station
- Previous experience in electronics manufacturing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website