BAE Systems in Washington DC is seeking a Web Master to support the Strategic Systems Programs (SSP). This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on). The ideal candidate must possess a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Must possess strong problem solving skills, a high degree of technical expertise, and a commitment to exceptional customer service and teamwork. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related scientific/technical field and 4 years of work experience or equivalent experience.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Proven history of successful interaction in a Client-Facing environment
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Forms Designer
- Experience with Content Management Systems, HTML5/XHTML and CSS
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Prepare training materials and provide training to end users in a group or in one-on-one setting
- Security+, or equivalent certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one of these certifications within 6 months of employment
Preferred Skills and Education
- Knowledge of software configuration management processes
- Self-Starting, proactive approach to tasks
- Strong learning capacity for software tools and technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Familiar with DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGS)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Common Access Card
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to customer facility
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website