Please note this position supports our Second Shift you will receive a 10% pay premium when working the Second Shift
Do you want to contribute to bringing America's warfighters home safely? Do you want to be a part of a cause greater than yourself? BAE Systems – Electronics System sector in Huntsville, Alabama has built a new 83,000 square foot facility that will provide a state-of-the-art environment to support our growing portfolio of development and production programs. You will be joining a team that builds, integrates, and delivers state of the art warning system products to support our warfighters. These products contain complex electronics that must be built and delivered efficiently and correctly. Why? Because a warfighter's life may very well depend on it. There is currently an opportunity for a Test Technician to support 2nd shift on a 4/10 work schedule (Monday - Thursday, 10 hours/day). An ideal candidate can perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. They should also be able to construct, calibrate, adjust, test, diagnose, and maintain equipment, component, device, or system. Come, be a part of our manufacturing team, in our new facility, and for a great place to work!
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status or Permanent Resident.
Required Skills and Education
- Follows test specifications, test procedures and verbal instructions in order to perform a variety of routine, standard tests which require reading, interpreting and verifying specifications using simple test stand setups.
- Operate a limited variety of standard test equipment such as voltmeter, oscilloscopes, etc. usually working with one piece of equipment at a time as specified.
- Determine quality of equipment being tested by checking test results against specific test procedures and data sheets.
- Perform simple troubleshooting activities, diagnoses minor deficiencies in equipment and recommends rework where necessary.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Familiar Environmental test equipment (Thermal chambers & Vibration stands)
- Able to work in an Engineering Development environment (Prototypes, Preliminary Work Instructions or Print-to-Print)
- Adhere to command media.
- Lean Immersion or certification.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and 5S/7S practices.
- Safe Working practices
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website