Join a dynamic and well versed security team that provides support across several Business Areas within BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector. The opportunity to be part of the security team, in one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, offers a motivated professional a unique entry point to work across a broad range of activities supporting a diverse portfolio.
BAE Systems is looking to hire a Senior Security Specialist who will work under the general guidance and direction of the Facility Security Officer (FSO) at the Nashua, NH Canal Street Facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Government directives, regulations and requirements as well as corporate/business unit directives and customer directed requirements.
- Ensure compliance to the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), as well as working directly with government programs to develop security baselines in which to identify National Security Assets.
- Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD254's and security guidance.
- Develop and revise program level security plans, procedures and instructions.
- Provide classification guidance to employees, develop and provide security education and awareness training, and conduct security briefings.
- Participate in security self-inspection teams and audits, and investigate security incidents.
- Assist with International requirements to include: Government to Government shipments, Foreign Visitor requirements, and Export compliance.
- Provide and implement ideas and initiative to ensure a robust security education and awareness program.
- Conduct investigations of non-compliance incidents. Backup for alarm response as necessary.
- Support other security disciplines within the collateral program to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Assurance (IA), Communications Security (COMSEC), Operational Security (OPSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents using various office tools (i.e. MS Office, JPAS/DISS, SIMS, Access control systems, NISS, and NCAISS).
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website