You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
To person filling this position will be performing Quality audits and inspections. Some of the routine Quality tasks associated with this position include formal test witnessing, standard ISO compliance audits, Process/Route Card review/approval, clausing of requisitions as delegated by responsible Quality Engineer, including First Article Inspection activities, report generation, Physical Configuration Audit activities and report generation. Works under the general direction of program engineering personnel in a manufacturing/research/design/development environment. Reports to the Inspector Supervisor.
- Works from various documents in multiple formats/media (specification, drawings, process sheets, ECO's), written, and verbal instructions to evaluate initial program specific inspections, inspection of supplier materials, and or disposition of incoming inspection material, utilizing a full range of complex precision tools and inspection techniques.
- Define, document, communicate, and distribute to Inspectors any special program inspection requirements determined by QA engineers and the Inspector Supervisor. This includes training of, and communication with the program Inspectors.
- Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity. Included in this task is validating configuration of product for shipment, interfacing with customer on sell-off, and validating shipping paperwork.
- Conducts internal compliance audits across all program functions to maintain certification, or equivalent compliance type audits.
- Performs field return evaluations to ensure returns are processed and/or repaired within guidelines. Plans, documents, and obtains approval for return processes specific to a particular program/product problem assigned by MSPA engineer and Inspector Supervisor.
- Works with engineering on specialized tasks associated with program issues. Generate reports, tables, and analysis using standard desktop tools.
- Witnesses tests, validating procedural compliance and data collection during conduct of test. Within this function, will be required to inform QA engineering of significant deviations from test, and/or test failures, requiring test delay until authorization to continue is received.
- Tabulates and analyzes supplier's and incoming inspection data for trending. Reports results to responsible QA Engineer, and the Inspector Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as detailed by responsible Inspector Supervisor.
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of four (4) years of directly related Certified Quality Technician or Inspector experience.
- Current active Secret Clearance at time of application submission.
- Strong English language verbal and written skills are a must.
- Ability to write technical reports detailing audit/inspection results.
- Ability to present technical reports, and audit/inspection results in front of large groups of company/customer personnel.
- Knowledge of, and experience with production in accordance with IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and J-STD 001 standards.
- Must have experience working in a Six Sigma and ISO environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
Existing Certification to:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- J-STD 001
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website