See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit, and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
The Wayne, NJ Quality organization is seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated individual for a Principal Quality Engineer opportunity to support our growing Communications and Navigation Solutions Product Line. This individual will report directly to the Product Line Quality Manager and must enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary team in a dynamic and diverse environment. The Principal Quality Engineer will:
- Review customer Contracts, Statements of Work, Purchase Orders and specifications to ensure proper requirements flow down
- Partner with Manufacturing and Test to drive defect reduction through data trend analysis including Root Cause / Corrective Actions
- Perform Final Quality Review of hardware for presentation to our customers and Government representatives
- Support a development project through its lifecycle
- Perform Quality Management System process evaluations
- Participate in formal qualification testing with Software and Systems Engineering with customer and/or Government representatives
Required Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of AS9100
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across technical and non-technical functions
- Proficiency with MS Office product suite, primarily Excel
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- M.S. Degree and 4 years of experience in a Quality organization
- Active Secret DoD clearance
- Working knowledge of AS9145
- Hands on experience in a Defense contractor environment with projects in development as well as production
- Software Quality Engineering experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website