Product Line Operations Director for multiple product lines in Austin Texas. The candidate will be an administrative manager for a team of roughly 10-12 Operations Program Managers that are responsible for products / programs within local or borderless Product Lines. This candidate will have ultimate responsibility for staffing and monitoring performance of the team of OPMs. The candidate will interface with senior leadership within Operations, Engineering, Finance, Quality, and Programs. Additional duties as follows :
- The candidate will be responsible for consolidating and presenting metrics to senior Operations leadership on behalf of the Product Lines.
- The candidate will provide strategic support and guidance to major program pursuits inclusive of providing bid approval.
- The candidate will drive new product introduction activities on the programs and provide guidance to team.
- The candidate will provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to staff. Will coach and provide opportunity and succession for high potential OPMs.
- The candidate will provide escalated support to team in working with the Director of Operations responsible for Manufacturing execution, Factory management, Supplier quality management, Supply Chain management, Procurement, and Logistics to drive problem resolution.
Required Skills and Education
Candidate should demonstrate leadership abilities in line with :
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence, often heading one or more departments, or acts as a recognized expert, consultant and advisor for in Operations field.
- Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are unique and solutions serve as precedent for future decisions. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. Assignments are objective oriented. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, human resources and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional team environment, with a customer-focused approach, and an aptitude for continuous improvement in serving internal and external customers
- Demonstrated success in implementing lean manufacturing and supply chain initiatives
- Record of success in supporting increasing demand while continuing to meet key performance indicators.
- Strong diplomatic, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and report status of objective within a project management discipline
- Ability to provide strategic contributions while successfully executing on tactical objectives
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's Degree and a combination of 10 years of Operations / Supply Chain experience
- Lean and Six-Sigma certified from an accredited source
- Proficiency in office technologies including MS Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint; Visio
- Proficiency with continuous process improvement methodologies and tool; strong group facilitation skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website