You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR: In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
BAE Systems is looking for an Electrical Engineer to support Systems level integration and Environmental testing in Manufacturing Factories. Successful performance will require driving manufacturing and product improvements, production problem resolutions and integrating solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
Tasks require the ability to isolate and resolve product related issues in both hardware and process related problems, validate test measurement accuracy, characterize the performance of the unit under test, conduct data analysis and generate documents.
The individual will develop, train, and provide direction to test technicians on failure analysis techniques.
Additional responsibilities include working with suppliers and design teams to assure designs are producible and maintainable.
Successful performance will require driving manufacturing and test improvements, production problem resolutions and integrating solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
The individual will work in office spaces and production environment supporting factories.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Strong familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of electronic test and manufacturing techniques
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Highly motivated with strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach with the ability to participate in design reviews within a multidiscipline team.
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
- Familiarity with RF and digital instrumentations (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources)
- Test fixture design competencies
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
- Experience in conducting design of experiments
Must be eligible for a DOD security clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with RF and digital test and measurement techniques
- Experience working in defense contract manufacturing or equivalent environment
- Experience with manufacturing screening processes
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website