BAE Systems, a provider of some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defense, aerospace and security systems, is seeking a highly motivated experienced Business Development Manager to join our Avionics & Controls team. The growing need for greener alternatives, reduced emissions and reduced operational costs are creating a need for hybrid electric and all electric solutions for the future of air travel and the environment. This is an exciting time to join our electrification team as we are at the forefront of helping to guide and shape this emerging market space with great potential over the medium to long term of aerospace.
The Business Development Senior Manager is responsible for identifying players in the emerging aviation markets in hybrid and all electric aircraft to define and strengthen BAE Systems position in these respective markets. They should have a demonstrated track record of developing relationship at the senior customer levels down to the working level. He/she will work with BAE Systems team members to develop product strategies and roadmaps and to connect various BAE Systems campaigns to market and customers. The right candidate will be able to develop strategy for the application of the current product strategy and support product roadmaps and internal capabilities while positioning BAE Systems' presence and brand in these emerging markets. The right candidate should also be able to build trust and confidence that enables BAE Systems to be viewed as a preferred partner than just a good supplier. Ultimately the right candidate will be high energy, enterprising, curious, engaging, easy going, persistent and resilient!
The ideal candidate will have responsibility to fill our pipeline with quality high Pwin opportunities to enable our Electrification business segment to pursue the ones that best align with our segment strategy and growth aspirations. The candidate will:
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with both Business Segment and Business Area objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements and to position BAE Systems as an innovative industry leader.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with businesses with significant presence in the assigned markets from venture backed startups to traditional large scale OEMs
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's in an engineering discipline or business
- Strong relationship development and management skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Ability to quickly absorb, understand and influence requirements in an emerging market environment
- Good understanding of product management and product road mapping
- Understanding of emerging technology in Power & Energy Management, Avionics and Controls
Preferred Skills and Education
- MS or MBA degree
- Understanding of aviation markets and emerging electrification & Urban Air Mobility Markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead product and program teams
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website