Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Galion, Ohio location:
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of patients within the nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the patients between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by nursing assistants, LPNs and supportive staff members. Participates in patient and family teaching. Maintains role as patient advocate with a focus on the facility's mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills, according to the scope of practice for RNs
2. Is a motivated, independent individual who can prioritize and organize workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
3. Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone a feeling of confidence that the situation is under control.
4. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare team members.
5. Communicates effectively with physicians and to other staff through shift report by relaying pertinent information from assessment, patient, family and record.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of identifying potential emergency situations and acts accordingly (e.g. BLS, ACLS, etc.)
7. Delegates nursing care to team members appropriately; according to staff's capabilities within legal limitations; is responsible for the completion and quality of those delegated duties.
8. Notifies family member or supportive other of changes in patient's condition or plan of treatment, as appropriate.
9. Seeks assistance from PCC or Unit Manager as necessary in solving clinical problems as well as communicates relevant information regarding the patient.
10. Demonstrates creativity in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways attempting to consider the viewpoint of others.
11. Consistently follows the policies and procedures of the facility.
12. Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on patients and reassesses per policy while documenting thoroughly.
13. Accurately perceives patient problems and/or complications based on effective assessment skills.
14. Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs; sets goals; plans appropriate nursing interventions; implements actions and evaluates these on an ongoing basis.
15. Records nursing documentation in timely, clear and concise manner.
16. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
17. Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
18. Responds appropriately to and documents changes in patient's condition and nursing care in notes.
19. Notifies physician of changes in patient's condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
20. Participates with orientation of new personnel.
21. Effectively utilizes resources of interdisciplinary team referrals and communications.
22. Initiates plan of care & updates responses and new problems white documenting in patient record, as appropriate.
23. Supervises other members of the healthcare team, as needed, in order to accomplish the plan of care and in a manner that contributes to the excellence of the nursing unit.
24. Notes and carries out physician's orders in a timely manner.
25. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
26. Consistently involves patient and family in planning for care, treatment, teaching needs and discharge plans.
27. Functions as a patient advocate by protecting the patient's rights.
28. Interacts and treats patients, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental personnel in a kind, knowledgeable helpful and courteous manner.
29. Incorporates patient education and explains procedures and treatments to gain patient cooperation, reduce apprehension, and promote compliance.
30. Consistently is thorough with well documented shift and discharge summaries.
31. Administers medications, following the five medication rights, using two patient identifiers to reduce the potential for medication errors.
32. Assists physicians with special tests and procedures as needed then properly monitors the patients (i.e. insertion of central line, bone marrows, etc.)
33. Demonstrates an ability to assess reports (i.e. EKGs, labs, etc.); communicates abnormalities to physician as appropriate.
34. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of pediatric dosages when administering medications and utilizes appropriate anatomical sites for SQ/IM injections for all ages of children.
35. Demonstrates an ability to start IVs on children and monitors IV fluids for correct rate and solution.
36. Follows proper infection control procedures and promotes staff adherence to infection control procedures.
37. Demonstrates the ability to initiate and monitor IV therapy including IV rounds, IV medications, administration and implementation of new orders.
38. Assists in cost containment through the appropriate utilization and conserving of supplies and equipment and captures charges.
39. Regularly checks emergency crash cart and demonstrates familiarity with crash cart functions and defibrillator.
40. Other duties as assigned.
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
41. Demonstrates the ability to safely and accurately utilize noninvasive or invasive techniques to monitor and support hemodynamic function, including but not limited to arterial line and NIBP.
42. Demonstrates ability to manage and care for the ventilator dependent patient.
43. Demonstrates knowledge and familiarity with ICU medications and protocols.
44. Accurately interprets advanced arrhythmia strips and provides interventions according to procedure.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
• Current BLS & ACLS certification.
• Two (2) or more years of previous nursing experience.
• Previous Intensive Care Unit experience.
Days will Vary
Full-Time: 72 Hours Bi-Weekly
Apply on company website