Avita Health System currently operates three major healthcare facilities and 31 clinic locations throughout North Central Ohio. Within the last three years, the system has tripled in size branching out into ten communities throughout the region. There are over 1,800 employees and 110 employed member multispecialty group of physicians and advanced practitioners that provide these communities with optimal, high-quality healthcare. In 2015, Avita has received a national award, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally in customer service.
Avita Health System continues to grow, and with our expansion we have various open positions in our Bucyrus, Galion and Ontario locations.
We are currently accepting resumes & applications for the following position, located at our Bucyrus, Ohio location:
Responsible for the direction and oversight of RN Case Managers, Social Workers, Discharge Coordinator, and
Mental Health/Crisis Intervention staff. Develops and implements case management programs, including
Utilization review, Intake and discharge planning and to evaluate data to ensure that care is provided in
accordance with clinical guidelines and organizational standards. Assures competency of personnel. Maintains
efficient and effective unit operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal, and local regulatory laws,
standards and protocols.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for direction and/or oversight of RN Case Managers, Social Workers, Discharge
Coordinator, and Mental Health/ Crisis Intervention staff. Supports and empowers staff to embrace the
mission and value statements of the organization.
2. Develops short and long-term goals and objectives consistent with the Avita Health System's philosophy.
3. Develops and implements case management programs, including Utilization review, Social Service Intake
and discharge planning and to evaluate data to ensure that care is provided in accordance with clinical
guidelines and organizational standards.
4. Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs department functions and activities to achieve objectives and to
comply with regulatory requirements and state and national standards of practice and the DNV.
Responsible to update and review the departmental policies annually and as needed.
5. Utilizes nationally recognized criteria to screen patients for level of care assignment. Provides education
to the Case Management staff and physicians as to appropriate status and the need to document medical
necessity. Assists RN Case Managers to troubleshoot any outliers or issues and is able to fill in to assist
with staffing shortages as needed.
6. Assumes administrator role for the MCG Case Management review criteria and OSU IHIS process for
Case Management reviews with the IHIS Epic. Works closely with IT and assists to orient RN Case
Managers to processes, updates etc.
7. Assists the Social Workers to coordinate multidisciplinary discharge plans to facilitate optimum quality of
post discharge care for patients.
8. Responsible to evaluate and supervise the performance of the Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
and Social Workers trained to complete Suicide screening assessments. Collaborates with the healthcare
team to provide for psychosocial assistance and optimum post discharge services.
9. Responsible to evaluate and supervise the performance of the Discharge Coordinator. Assist her to
develop and implement diagnosis specific care plans.
10. Establishes and provides monthly updates of annual goals to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO).
11. Rounds and inspects departments on a regular basis and initiates corrective action and follow-up if
12. Interacts professionally and communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and
13. Maintains records pertinent to personnel and operation of the departments. Prepares reports as required.
14. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
15. Maintains a good working relationship with the all departments.
16. Maintains performance improvement activities for department. Participates in a timely manner, within the
organization's quality/performance improvement structure.
17. Performs competency evaluations of all staff members. Utilizes counseling and performance evaluations
appropriately, in identifying and discussing with staff, strengths and opportunities for growth or
18. Provides education to staff on performance improvement. Ability to plan and organize orientation and inservice training for department staff members, participates in guidance and educational programs.
19. Assumes the lead role for the Readmission team workgroup. Is responsible for collecting and reporting
data to Quality Management.
20. Collects and reports data to the Utilization Review Committee. Coordinates sample chart review for the
Utilization Review committee regarding admissions, continued stays, utilization of hospital resources and
outliers/ variances. Assists the committee to analyze and trend variances.
21. Attends the Revenue Cycle Committee and provides UR Committee updates and data.
22. Acts as a contact person for the Ohio Quality Improvement Organization (QIO). Works closely with the
Case Management team to provide the Hospital Issued Notice of Non-Coverage for inappropriate
Medicare admissions and to deliver discharge appeal rights information when required.
23. Reports trends in payer denials to the CNO/ Director of Revenue Cycle. Assists the RN Case Managers
to coordinate payer denial appeals as needed.
24. Chairs the Fall Team committee and collects and reports data to Quality Management.
25. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department and hospital operations, fire,
safety, and infection control. Complies with reinforcing the expectation for staff to attend mandatory
educational and safety programs
26. Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, termination and departmental
staffing and scheduling.
27. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings/ huddles.
28. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current State Nursing Licensure in the state of Ohio.
Current BLS certification.
Minimum of three year's Case Management experience.
Previous experience working in a hospital or healthcare setting.
Previous experience working in a Manager level position.
Monday through Friday
Full-Time: 80 Hours Bi-Weekly
Apply on company website