Provides comprehensive navigation services to those who are experiencing homelessness or at-risk of becoming homeless in the City of Aurora. The position works as part of a larger interagency collaboration of Aurora@Home to coordinate outreach services, housing placement and navigation of services for those eligible and admitted into the Aurora@Home program. The goals of which are housing stability and income progression for each family participating in Aurora@Home while in the program and once exited from the program.
1. Works collaboratively with service providers serving families experiencing homelessness in the Aurora metro area to provide optimum coordination, communication and continuity of services to those who are experiencing homelessness or who are at-risk of becoming homeless.
2. Advocates for the needs of individual clients as well as for systemic change, whenever needed for the overall benefit of persons who are experiencing homelessness.
3. Builds relationships with clients with the ultimate goal of achieving housing stability and income progression.
4. Treats each person contacted with dignity and respect by using a Trauma Informed approach.
5. Maintains client files with up-to-date and accurate information (e.g., intake documents, assessments, income verifications, employment verifications, rent calculations, other funding specific paperwork, recertification documents, compliance letters, case notes, etc.) from intake when program eligibility is determined through recertification to program exit.
6. Enters and updates required Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and generaes reports from HMIS.
7. Works as a member of the Aurora@Home collaborative by generating reports as required, participating in meetings.
8. Provides transportation to heads of household during housing search process and when accessing other needed services or resources. Requires the use of personal vehicle.
9. Accepts referrals from member agencies and works collaboratively with staff of all agencies to provide high quality service. Reports back to referral source in a timely fashion to inform them of client disposition.
10. Develops individualized housing action plans leading to housing stability and income progression for all households in Aurora@Home.
11. Returns all e-mails and voicemails in one business day after received
Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website