Job Summary: Advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) are registered nurses who have attained advanced education in a variety of specialized medical fields. APRNs manifest a high level of expertise in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of complex responses to individuals, families, or communities to actual or potential health problems, prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The APRN works in collaboration with the physician(s) to assess the physical needs of the preoperative and post- operative neurosurgical patient. This APRN can provide care for these patients in a variety of nursing units.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of patient's medical, physical, and psychosocial status, including: conducts complete history and physical assessments, then develops and implements treatment plans.
- Performs rounds, records progress notes, orders tests, examinations, medications and therapies, provides consultations, and writes discharge summaries, based on interpretation of data.
- Provides medical direction to clinical staff.
- Performs specialized neurosurgical procedures as trained.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Employment status is contingent on the candidate's success in credentialing as a member of our Allied Health Staff.
- Maintains professional development within the APRN role.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
- Cover 8 or 12 hour shifts with weekend and potential for off shift coverage.
- Works collaboratively with neurosurgeons and other physicians as needed
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions, job requirements, and work environmental factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (>10 pounds)
O Carrying (>10 pounds)
O Pushing (>10 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
- Ability to perform patient care responsibilities as required.
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Apply on company website