Atrium Centers is a leading provider of short-term post-acute rehabilitation and long-term nursing care. We currently operate skilled nursing centers in Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
Our reputation is defined by our employees, the caring and skilled staff members who are the foundation of our award-winning communities.
We are committed to treating each individual with respect and dignity in a homelike environment. Our professional and caring staff provides exceptional services tailored to the individual needs of residents and meeting the highest industry standards.
1. Monitor facilities on a routine and structured basis to determine level of compliance, areas of weaknesses and vulnerability relative to regulatory and Quality Assurance programs.
2. Assist and monitor facilities MDS process to assure appropriate and accurate coding. This requires frequent audits of the facility MDS process.
3. Develop monitoring reports for regulatory compliance, Quality Assurance and MDS purposes.
4. Identifies areas for performance improvement and assisting the facility with establishing appropriate interventions.
5. Assist facilities in the development of meaningful and timely plans-of-correction for cited deficiencies.
6. Assist facilities in the correction of deficiencies and/or sub-standard performance, relative to Company Quality Assurance Standards.
7. Reviews, revises, and/or develops policies and procedures, guidelines and clinical pathways. This requires assisting the facility with implementation and maintenance of core clinical programs.
8. Responsible for keeping facilities current with any changes in Long Term Care rules/regulations.
9. Responsible for training and development of nursing leadership at the facilities. This requires a detailed orientation for new Director of Nurses at each facility.
10. Initiates and implements educational programs for facility nursing staff.
11. Budgets for resources/materials cost effectively.
12. Researches new supplies for practicality, usability, and cost effectiveness.
13. Accepts assignments directed by the Director of Operations.
14. Collaborates and communicates with consultants, corporate staff, Administrators, DONs, and facility staff to promote quality of care.
15. Self directive in problem solving skills.
16. Contributes to the overall growth of the organization.
17. Maintains records, and prepares reports and correspondence related to work.
This position is responsible for maintaining excellent care standards, in collaboration with facility administration, to meet the needs of residents, families and governing agencies. This position will monitor the quality of our nursing departments for defined facilities within our company. This individual will assist with regulatory compliance in preparation for State and Federal surveys. This individual must be familiar with rules and regulations which affect long term care. This individual will assist with new program implementation and maintenance of core clinical programs. This individual will identify areas for performance improvement and assist the facility with establishing appropriate interventions. This individual must have excellent assessment skills, able to prioritize and effectively problem solve concerns in the facility through collaboration with the facility leadership team. The individual in this position is required to periodically conduct, research, and utilize findings to initiate new programs or write/revise policies/procedures. This individual will be responsible to assist in the training, development and nurturing of the facility nursing leadership. This individual requires a thorough understanding of the QA process for long term care facilities. This position must also have a detailed understanding of the MDS process to assist the facility in appropriate and accurate coding which correlates to accurate and appropriate reimbursement. This individual must have the ability to respect sensitive and confidential information. This position requires both physical and mental fitness and the ability to be available for occasional overnight travel.
EDUCATION: Registered Nurse credentials with the equal combination so education, training and experience to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the necessary function of the position.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience as a successful Director of Nursing or Regional Nurse required. Acute and long term care experience required. Multi-site, leadership, and educator roles preferred.
Apply on company website