AtriCure, Inc. provides innovative technologies for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) and related conditions. Afib affects more than 33 million people worldwide. Electrophysiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons around the globe use AtriCure technologies for the treatment of Afib and reduction of Afib related complications. AtriCure's Isolator® Synergy™ Ablation System is the first and only medical device to receive FDA approval for the treatment of persistent Afib. AtriCure's AtriClip Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Exclusion System products are the most widely sold LAA management devices worldwide, with more than 100,000 implanted to date. For more information, visit AtriCure.com or follow us on Twitter @AtriCure.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Co-op for Spring Semester 2020. This position is located in Mason, Ohio.
This role will support AtriCure's innovative technologies for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) and related conditions. The selected candidate will participate in multidiscipline teams that we form around each project and dedicate to achieving that project's goal. Our team-based approach means you will work side-by-side with Biomedical, Mechanical, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineers; Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Professional Education and any other disciplines needed for each project. Your coworkers will range from other co-ops and new graduates to those with 20+ years of experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for testing, following guidelines described in the AtriCure Quality System, including test report writing
- Perform research for engineering as assigned by a supervisor
- Write process validation/qualification protocols, perform qualification activities, and analyze/document the results
- Design test protocols, equipment and systems as assigned by supervisor
- Responsible for supporting engineering activities and other company functions as assigned by supervisor
- Document and install process equipment
- Identify assembly process or equipment improvements
- Support pilot build activities including production associate training, component and assembly flow, root cause analysis and inspection data organization/collection
- Document all work in compliance with AtriCure Quality System requirements & corporate policies
- High School diploma
- Currently Enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program focused in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Desire to initiate a mechanical/manufacturing/engineering career in future
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Regularly walk and sit
- Occasionally stand, bend, and push/pull
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- 5% travel possibility
- Position dependent upon candidate passing pre-employment physical/drug screen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as an individual with disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website