AtriCure, Inc. provides innovative technologies for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) and related conditions. Afib affects more than 33 million people worldwide. Electrophysiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons around the globe use AtriCure technologies for the treatment of Afib and reduction of Afib related complications. AtriCure's Isolator® Synergy™ Ablation System is the first and only medical device to receive FDA approval for the treatment of long standing persistent Afib and we have treated over 200,000 patients over the past ten years. Additionally, our AtriClip Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Exclusion System products are the most widely used LAA management devices worldwide, with more than 130,000 implanted to date. For more information, visit AtriCure.com or follow us on Twitter @AtriCure.
This position will be based in Amsterdam and provide broad support to the company's compliance and data privacy program on various projects. The Compliance Specialist works closely with all compliance team members as well as other business functions to support on compliance and data privacy related issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices across the organization to promote compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance.
- Monitor regional regulatory and legislative changes and best practices (e.g. MedTech, GMH, BVMed) throughout EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) and informs the compliance team members.
- Assists in activities regarding the company's Data Privacy program, including keeping company's processing register up to date,and keep track of incoming inquiries.
- Support on several compliance initiatives, including keeping track of reporting requirements across the EMEA region (“sunshine acts”) and assisting in data collection for these requirements.
- Assist the team in the execution of employee compliance training and compliance communications and assist with the administration and monitoring.
- Provides additional support to the Compliance team as needed.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Regular and predictable worksite attendance
- Ability to prioritize various duties and multitask as required
- Willingness to investigate substantial time in self-learning on a fast-changing regulatory environment
- Ability to work under fast-paced conditions
- Ability to use good judgment
- Ability to successfully work with others
- Additional duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience working in a compliance, legal or ethics department
- Bachelor's degree required or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and able to manage time effectively
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience in a healthcare environment (medical devices, pharmaceuticals)
Apply on company website