requirements and design specifications for computer networks. Plan and
implement network upgrades. Design, test, and inspect the NRO's computer data
communications systems. These systems include wide area networks (WANs), local
area networks (LANs), and internets. Analyze and organize the corresponding
hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling and planning.
- Adjust network sizes to
meet volume or capacity demands.
- Communicate with customers, sales
staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Coordinate network operations,
maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Determine specific network hardware
or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine
- Develop and implement solutions for
- Develop conceptual, logical, or
physical network designs.
- Develop procedures to track and
report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Develop or recommend network security
measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security
- Estimate time and materials needed to
- Evaluate network designs to determine
if requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and analyze network
performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify
inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Participate in network technology
upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software
and integration testing.
- Prepare detailed network
specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and
- Research and test new or modified
hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors to gather
information about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems,
or to address system maintenance issues.
- Coordinate installation of new
- Coordinate network or design
activities with designers of associated networks.
- Design, organize, and deliver product
awareness, skills transfer, and product education sessions for staff and
- Develop network-related
- Explain design specifications to
integration or test engineers.
- Develop plans or budgets for network
- Prepare design presentations and
proposals for staff or customers.
- Supervise engineers and other staff
in the design or implementation of network solutions.
- Use network computer-aided design
(CAD) software packages to optimize network designs.
Experience, and Education: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that
can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a
Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3
years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years.
Apply on company website