Textile Technician - 2nd Shift
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc
Ave Maria FL
Arthrex Manufacturing is hiring additional team members to the Textile department on second shift. The Textile Technician is responsible for setting and operating machines that produce the materials for the Sutures department. The second shift hours are 4:00 pm to 12:30 am, Monday through Friday. Training will be on first shift for approximately 8 weeks. The job location will be at the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Ave Maria, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support current process related to existing suture assembly.
- Set-up and operate a variety of hand-operated tools and light duty machines to manufacture product specified on work order using engineering prints, standard work instructions and Inspection procedures.
- Assemble the finished product to specifications with the use of measuring equipment, specialized hand tools and microscopes, making decisions in fitting and adjustment of parts or part substitutions within established guidelines to achieve the required specifications.
- Perform inspection of completed and in-process work and accurately prepare documentation to assure correct specifications and functional criteria have been met prior to submitting the batch to Quality Control.
- Coordinate the processing of new product pilot runs by completing first piece to ensure compliance to blueprint.
- Work primarily unassisted or with minimal supervision and instruction on newly developed items.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1 year of previous manufacturing experience preferred. Medical device assembly experience strongly preferred. Textile processing experience is preferred.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing environment is desirable.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to determine materials and tools required to perform the operation.
- Can perform different tasks/operation required to manufacture the product.
- Creative thinker and is able to suggest process improvements and problem solve.
- Ability to use inspection tools and measuring devices to assure quality of product.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and computer systems such as word processing, managing files and records, Excel, Power Point, MQ1, SAP, and Microsoft Outlook is preferred.
- Understanding of textile processes including twisting, winding, braiding, coating and dyeing, and able to communicate with suppliers as it relates to quality issues and process improvements.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
The technology and the frequency of the technology required to perform this job are as follows; the occasional operation of some automated equipment, winding, attaching machines, label printing, weigh scales, label dispenser machine, manual sealers, cleaning machine, and general test equipment.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, problem solve and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stand, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 lbs on a regular basis. The employee must also be able to bend frequently and lift 30-50lbs occasionally.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is primarily performed in a cleanroom/controlled environment. A cleanroom is a controlled environment where products are manufactured, in which the concentration of airborne particles is controlled to specified limits. These contaminants are generated by people, processes, facilities, and equipment and must be continually removed from the air. Strict rules and procedures are followed to prevent contamination of the product. The only way to control contamination is to control the total environment- air flow rates and direction, pressurization, temperature, humidity, specialized filtration and the sources of these particles all need to be tightly controlled. Temperature ranges from 69F-73F. Hearing protection will be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website