Requisition ID: 47484 Title: Technician II Division: Arthrex California Inc (US03) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Our Arthrex location in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA is seeking a Technician II who will be responsible for performing moderate to high complexity electro-mechanical assembly operations on medical equipment used in operating rooms worldwide. Ideal candidate has great attention to detail and proven experience in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and assembly instructions in English.
Qualified candidates have a high school diploma or equivalent and basic computer skills. One year of electro-mechanical assembly experience required.
Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture electro-mechanical and video camera medical products to specified work orders. Follows engineering drawings, manufacturing assembly instructions and standard operating procedures. Inspects own work as well as the work of others. Operate a variety of hand tools and light manufacturing equipment
- Perform tasks such as but not limited to installing circuit boards, power supplies, face plates, product labels, cables and wire harness using screws and adhesives, and optics cleaning.
- Assemble components to specifications with the use of specialized hand tools, measuring equipment, specialized hand tools and microscopes, making decisions in fitting and adjustment of parts within established guidelines to achieve the required specifications.
- Perform and documents work completed via a product traveler. Insures correct specifications and functional criteria are per the manufacturing instructions and good documentation practice has been accomplished prior to completion of work.
- Perform or initiates any cleaning, line clearance or maintenance of equipment on the manufacturing line.
- Work with limited supervision and follows written and verbal instructions.
- Proficient in ability to perform multiple different assembly operations as documented by training records.
- Work on assignments such as R&D, V&V builds requiring judgment and collaboration in resolving issues.
- Working knowledge of Agile, SAP, MQ1, and other production software.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year in an electrical manufacturing environment required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training: Good manual dexterity to assemble product. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and optical assembly is required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Various light duty machines and hand tools, microscopes, as well as computer/data entry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website