Requisition ID: 46144 Title: Sr. Service Development Engineer Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA (ACT) (US17)
Our Arthrex location in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA is seeking a Sr. Service Development Engineer to represent the repair center of arthroscopic systems for operating rooms throughout the entire product development process. Qualified candidates have a bachelor's degree in engineering and 7 years of experience in field service engineering or medical electro-mechanical design, repair and manufacturing experience.
Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™!
Main Objective: The Senior Service Development Engineer will work to provide the voice of Service and Repair during the product development process, provides product troubleshooting expertise for internal/external teams and develops and maintains technical procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops support methodology, troubleshooting documentation, and installation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade processes for in field and in house repairs.
- Establishes and implements service support documentation and infrastructure for capital equipment offerings.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for serviceability of products.
- Provides service project management leadership on new product introductions.
- Develops and implements processes to expand, support and develop call center and field service support of direct and 3rd party personnel.
- Develops and maintains Technical Support procedures.
- Develops service bulletins to inform global team of product support changes and maintenance updates.
- Improves customer loyalty by supporting customer satisfaction programs and working on new initiatives.
- Provides technical troubleshooting support for internal and external customers.
- Ensures a quality customer service experience and resolves customer concerns.
- Develops new techniques, processes and Service products.
- Works on major projects or several service projects of moderate scope with complex requirements.
- Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule of project assignments.
- Assists senior management and staff as technical specialist in Service and Repair.
- May Supervise, lead and direct engineers, technicians or service personnel.
- Travel up to 30%
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or biomedical engineering required.
- 7 years relevant experience required.
- 7 years experience in medical device industry preferred.
- 7 years experience in Capital Equipment Service preferred.
- 7 years experience in field service engineering, service development, or medical electrical equipment design, repair and manufacture required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training: Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results. Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication. Travel required.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: PC and various and specialized software. High efficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website