Requisition ID: 47905 Title: Sr. Engineering Technician Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Our Arthrex location in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA is seeking a Sr. Engineering Technician Engineer to support the design and development of surgical camera systems and electro-mechanical arthroscopic systems for operating rooms worldwide.
Qualified candidates have a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of experience supporting research and development activities, preferably with video camera systems and electro-mechanical devices.
Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support prototype design assignments under general supervision of engineers.
- Support R&D testing activities including root cause analysis, troubleshooting, performing dry runs, and verification and validation.
- Support QA, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Marketing and Product Management with technical information as directed by engineering.
- Interpret engineering drawings and specifications, including PCB schematics, Gerber files and Solidworks drawings.
- Solder and de-solder PCB components per IPC J-STD-001.
- Assist engineers with the creation, modification, review, and processing of Protocols, Reports, Engineering Change Orders, including engineering specification drawings and all associated components that comprise the complete bill of materials.
- Report progress and status of assignments on a timely basis with emphasis on reporting results to supervisor as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
- 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience with medical device design requirements is preferred.
- Experience with video engineering, power supplies, RF engineering, EMC/EMI, Safety is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Solid experience in PCB, sub-assembly, assembly troubleshooting
- Soldering certificate per IPC J-STD-001 (Certified IPC Specialist SMT and Through hole)
- Ability to work independently and effectively with cross functional teams.
- Detail oriented
- Experienced user of MS Office Suite
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Waveform Analyzer,
Software Skills: Altera, Python, Linux, C#, Altium, Solidworks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website