Requisition ID: 47481 Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Santa Barbara, CA
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer who has a passion for championing new technologies and pushing industry best practices in a high-visibility team. The ideal candidate thrives in working with elegant medical product design. Must have strong experience with scripting languages, Linux servers, and cloud security and services.
Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™!
The ideal candidate would work from our Santa Barbara location; however, we are open to full-time remote for strong candidates.
Main Objective: The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the development, maintenance and optimization of the software development environment and infrastructure, build, integration, cybersecurity and software deployment process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides the DevOps team on best practices, patterns, and vision for the application and automation infrastructure.
- Researches, assesses, and implements new technologies for use within infrastructure and automation processes.
- Works closely with the Technical Operations Manager and reports on the current roadmap and upcoming changes needed for the infrastructure.
- Develops and manages web application infrastructure for multiple products.
- Manages and tunes databases, web application and continuous integration servers used by the various web applications.
- Guides and develops automation systems for continuous integration & deployment.
- Works closely with developers to ensure that operations are aligned with design/development process. Conducts operations-related training.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas for improvement in regards to availability and speed of the applications.
- Respond to any critical infrastructure related events during on-call rotation / or if an issue is escalated.
- Works closely with Software development, SQA, GIS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure technology and infrastructure complies with corporate policies and aligns with global business needs.
- Initiates and produces technology documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Collaborates with DevOps Engineers from other departments and organizations.
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 7 years of relevant experience required, including hands-on experience in developing and managing robust and high-availability production systems required.
- 2 years of experience working alongside a software development team with knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience with build tools and pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, Artifactory, etc.) required.
- Solid understanding of development/coding methodologies required.
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages such as POSIX shell scripting (e.g. Bash), Ruby, Python is required.
- Management of Linux servers in a production environment required.
- Proficient with logging, performance monitoring and performance tuning tools required.
- Adept with container virtualization such as Docker preferred.
- Skilled with distributed version control systems such as Git or Bitbucket required.
- Experience with automation tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, etc. required.
- Solid understanding of cloud security, identity, and compliance required, preferably in AWS required.
- Experience provisioning and managing cloud services required, AWS strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of security tooling and resources (i.e. Endpoint, Application, Scanning, Detection, Telemetry, Forensics, Operations) preferred.
- Preferred knowledge/experience include: managing relational database servers; supporting developers with query tuning and database design; deployment of high-availability concepts and applications preferred; and Agile/Scrum methodology utilizing JIRA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website