Requisition ID: 47388 Title: Designer (Packaging Engineering) Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC - Arthrex One (US33)
Main Objective: Responsible for computer aided design and drafting support for the lifecycle development of medical devices, including new product development and maintenance of released products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates mechanical models and drawings utilizing 3D computer aided design (CAD) programs, according to specifications determined by the engineer.
- Modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Reports progress and status of assignments on a timely basis.
- Supports regulatory, marketing, and product management with technical information as directed by the engineer.
- Coordinates with the engineer to support manufacturing vendors and provide processing improvements.
- Reviews and generates engineering change requests (CR) as required
- Assists engineers with portions of the design control activities
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- 5 Years with A.S.
- 9 Years with HS or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing medical instrument cases and trays preferred.
Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General application of concepts and principles.
- Proficiency in designing products using a 3D-CAD program such as ProEngineer, Solidworks or other 3D modeling software required.
- Knowledge of MS Office required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation
- Knowledge of mechanical testing equipment
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
Discretion / Latitude
Works under very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website