Requisition ID: 47122 Title: Crew Coordinator - SC - Night Shift Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: Pendleton, SC
Assist Supervisor in the day to day activities within a particular CNC Machining Department. In doing so, the crew coordinator takes on the role as a working lead. A crew coordinator will possess advanced technical knowledge of the production equipment, Arthrex products and processes present in their assigned area, as well as fundamental leadership, communication, and mentoring skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs MO I, II and III duties as needed. Whenever possible, run production machines in order to maintain productivity.
- Assist in the daily mentoring and training of new hires and operators with the purpose of developing their technical skills to maintain safe and standard work habits within the production department.
- Verified that production parts are within specification, randomly check at the operator's parts while still in process to help prevent bad parts moving to next operations.
- Performs final inspection of paperwork (Material Pick List, Traveler, and In- Process inspection sheet).
- Ensure proper utilization of all resources.
- Notifies Supervisor of any production, safety or performance issues as they arise.
- Answer questions, instruct, demonstrate techniques on matters directly related to machine operations, policies and procedures, and safety protocol.
- Must be highly organized, self motivated and a role model.
- Assume responsibility for work accomplished on schedule and in accordance with job requirements.
- Follows through production priorities and assign resources accordingly. Redundant
- Request additional material if necessary following established procedures.
- Notify Maintenance Department through SAP of equipment maintenance requirements.
- Support programs, policies, and procedures in order to help the growth of AMI as a world class medical device manufacturer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of directly related training and/or experience in a manufacturing setting required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer knowledge (Windows application) required.
- Proficiency with measuring tools and instruments.
- Must pass blueprint reading class and math test with a minimum score of 85% after completion of blueprint class offered by Arthrex Manufacturing Inc.
- Ability to understand and follow all established procedures.
- General knowledge of GDP, GMP's and FDA regulations.
- Knowledgeable in set-up of all required tools and machines.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Leadership Development Program completion strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of assigned curriculum within 180 days of hire/transfer which includes completing the Fundamentals of Manufacturing. Complete and pass Metrology Course CTC-137 and CTA-082. For CMM training if required by the department will require completing CTC-047 and CTA-080
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Proficiency of machine shop support equipment. Grinding machines; CNC Lathes; CNC Milling Machines; Swiss Screw Machines, and Turning Centers.
Proficiency of precision measuring equipment, such as Gauges and Inspection Fixtures, Bore Gauges, Dial Indicators; Pin Gauges, MicroVu, Optical Comparator, Caliper and Micrometer.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits Arthrex Offers:
- Arthrex pays 100% of employee's medical and dental coverage with voluntary participation in the wellness program. For regular, full-time and part-time employees Arthrex pays 50% of employee's dependent coverage.
- The Arthrex Medical Center provides convenient, free care for employees.
- Arthrex provides a 401k retirement plan option with matching contributions.
- Arthrex encourages professional development with tuition reimbursement toward an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Arthrex Learning & Development department has many opportunities to expand your skills online and in classroom experiences.
- Arthrex provides free lunches to save our employees time and money. Plus, it's a great opportunity to enjoy time with your coworkers.
- And there is so much more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website