Requisition ID: 47179 Title: MO CNC II - SC - Night Shift - Mills Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: Pendleton, SC
This position will be located at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Pendleton, SC. This is a night shift position in our CNC Mills area. 3 plus years of direct CNC experience is required with previous experience setting up and operating CNC Mills strongly preferred.
To produce superior products following Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. machining processes and procedures. Responsible for set up and running machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With minimal supervision follow written process and operate a variety of CNC machines and special processes
- Receives work order and verifies that the components are correct
- Receives material and loads on bar feeder
- Performs and records line clearance
- Verifies the machine is running the correct program
- Deburr parts as required
- Measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Interact in a Manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel and shift change over on a daily basis
- Confirms that inspection process is kept at AQLS C=0
- Example: check parts every 30 minutes
- Maintains good quality and production output
- Sort/rework parts as required
- Assists out on other operations as required
- Data entry in SAP system
- Shows exceptional teamwork and interact in a Manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel and shift change over on a daily basis
- Maintain their work area in a clean orderly condition and follows safety procedures
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately
- Performs first cut-off
- Returns all axis to the home position
- Stops machine to change settings, replace tools and perform tool offsets
- Recommends process improvements with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems
- Adjusts bar feeder for proper size of material and performs a dry run without material; verifies material against work order for correct lot number
- Performs first PC inspection when set-up is completed
- Adjusts tools to meet blueprint specifications.
- Downloads programs to the machine, dry run machine with no material and all tools in place
- Monitors screen pages and machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media; verifies the correct program in the machine is running
- Sets up multi axis lathes and milling machining centers; operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Demonstrates ability to streamline processes to increase productivity and quality
- Installs and adjusts collects with proper pressure
- Cleans and assembles all collect assemblies, removes or replaces fixture, collects and tools. Inspects old collects and guide brushes
- Verifies correct tools against tool sheet and program; sets up any type of tool in the pre-setter and/or machine
- Notifies programmers of issues and updates required for improvements
- Support machine operators as assigned by Crew Coordinators and or Supervisor
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years of direct CNC machine experience or equivalent vocational education required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- CNC machines set up experience is required, use different types of measuring tools and perform all aspects of line clearance.
- Computer literacy, basic math skills, a desire to improve in all areas, and work as part of a team committed to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Attention to detail.
- Successful completion of assigned curriculum within 180 days of hire/transfer which includes completing the Fundamentals of Manufacturing. Complete and pass Metrology Course CTC-137 and CTA-082. For CMM training if required by the department will require completing CTC-047 and CTA-080
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Multi axis Swiss lathes
Milling machining centers
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Benefits Arthrex Offers:
Arthrex pays 100% of employee's medical and dental coverage with voluntary participation in the wellness program. For regular, full-time and part-time employees Arthrex pays 50% of employee's dependent coverage.
The Arthrex Medical Center provides convenient, free care for employees.
Arthrex provides a 401k retirement plan option with matching contributions.
Arthrex encourages professional development with tuition reimbursement toward an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Arthrex Learning & Development department has many opportunities to expand your skills online and in classroom experiences.
Arthrex provides free lunches to save our employees time and money. Plus, it's a great opportunity to enjoy time with your coworkers.
And there is so much more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website