Requisition ID: 46648 Title: Associate Scrum Master Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: INC Santa Barbara, CA (ACT) (US17)
Main Objective: Responsible for facilitating Agile processes within teams and enabling delivery of high quality and customer-focused software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and facilitates Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Identifies and removes impediments or obstacles that prevent the team from reaching goals.
- Ensures that development teams are practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and progress visibility.
- Ensures the user stories are complete and appropriately mapped to epics to enable automated generation of release documentation and test case creation. Assists the Product Owner with user story writing.
- Participates in release planning with the Product Owner, Agile Coach, and development team leaders.
- Conducts limited releases with select medical professionals and facilities to enable direct end user feedback on new features in advance of full release of new software.
- Champions continuous improvements in processes and development techniques applied by the development team.
- Serves as a critical liaison between Product Owners, developers, device engineers, device quality assurance, software quality assurance, DevOps, management and other stakeholders.
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required. Experience as a member of a software development team preferred. Scrum certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Knowledge of Agile development processes required.
- Strong understanding of iterative software development, backlog refinement, user story writing, burn down/burn up metrics, velocity, and task definition required.
- Ability to facilitate and run effective meetings required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills when interacting internal/external customers required.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Experience working with project management software, QA software and Microsoft Office Suite.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website