Requisition ID: 48375 Title: Assembly Tech Level II - SC Division: Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) Location: AMI South Carolina (US28)
This position will be located at our new manufacturing facility in Pendleton, SC.
Performs batch work of light mechanical assembly operations of moderately high complexity with close tolerances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate a variety of hand-operated tools and light duty machines to manufacture product specified on work order using engineering prints and standard work instructions.
- Performs tasks such as but not limited to buffing, filling, drilling, reaming, sandblasting, riveting and etching.
- Assembles the finished product to specifications with the use of measuring equipment, specialized hand tools and microscopes, making decisions in fitting and adjustment of parts or part substitutions within established guidelines to achieve the required specifications.
- Performs inspection of work completed and documentation to assure correct specifications and functional criteria have been met prior to submitting the batch to Quality Control.
- Performs or initiates cleaning on machines or housekeeping within the department.
- Works with minimal supervision or instruction.
- Follows all safety training requirements for the position. Notifies management and or the Safety Officer of any unsafe work conditions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 1 year of mechanical assembly or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Good manual dexterity to assemble primarily level (1) and level (2) Finished Goods.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Use of various light duty machines, hand tools and measuring equipment.
Ability to troubleshoot assembly problems analyzing the variables, drawing a conclusion on the best course of action. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions or information contained within engineering prints.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision work with the aid of a microscope and light source.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics of this job occasionally expose the employee to moving mechanical parts, high pressure air systems, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, potentially toxic chemicals and sharp tools. The noise level in the working environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website