ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: Please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account (https://www.myworkday.com/archildrens/)and search the "Find Jobs" report.
Time Type:Part time
Department:CC014207 Radiology Prep Hold Recovery Summary The UBZB RN demonstrates a competent level of nursing practice to autonomously provide safe and effective patient and family centered care for the patients and families in the Radiology/Interventional Radiology Department and commonly cares for patients from newborn to adult with a variety of diagnoses. The competent level of nursing practice is characterized by increased knowledge, skill, and experience to analyze, think critically, plan, prioritize, and organize care, make appropriate clinical judgments and efficiently manage routine and unexpected clinical situations. With increasing experience and proficiency, the UBZB RN serves as a resource for other staff, assists with unit problem-solving, participates in shared governance and evidence based practice and begins developing clinical leadership skills in their assigned area. Description
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Nursing Process and Clinical Responsibilities
- Nursing practice demonstrates clear understanding and consistent application of the ACH Model of Patient and Family-Centered Care.
1) Consistently employs respectful and compassionate behaviors.
2) Collaborates with patients, families and other providers to plan, deliver, and evaluate individualized care which achieves optimal outcomes for each patient and facilitates effective discharge teaching and ongoing care.
3) Care is comprehensive, addresses physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and educational needs of the patient and family and ensures continuity of care across care settings.
- Consistently provides safe and effective nursing care at a competent level.
1) Practice is consistently current and in accordance with policies and procedures, professional practice standards, State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations (e.g. Arkansas State Board of Nursing, American Nurses' Association Pediatric Scope and Standards, Code of Ethics for Nurses, The Joint Commission).
2) Demonstrates competent technical and procedural nursing skills.
3) Identifies potential safety risks and maintains a safe environment.
4) Practice is in compliance with ACH patient safety initiatives and helps mentor others in safety practices.
5) Ensures that all care is individualized, coordinated with appropriate interdisciplinary team members, and complete.
6) Effectively communicates and collaborates by meaningful clinical documentation, hand-offs, and participation in rounds and team meetings to assure continuity of care and to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Competently assesses patients, provides developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive manner care.
1) Applies knowledge of growth and development at a competent level.
2) Consistently communicates in a developmentally and culturally sensitive manner and includes these issues in the individual plan of care for patients/ families.
3) Anticipates and incorporates appropriate diversional, play, or recreational activities into patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the application of the nursing process.
1) Analyzes information to identify problems and outcomes; evaluates variations and patterns in patient/ family data and recognizes implications to care.
2) Applies current knowledge of patient conditions and recognizes implications for care and anticipated outcomes; Is self-directed in seeking additional knowledge to improve patient care skills.
3) Develops, maintains, and applies the plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family, and interdisciplinary team members.
4) Identifies and competently and promptly responds to changes in patient condition.
- Provides individualized patient and family education at a competent level.
1) Competently assesses patient and family learning needs and develops appropriate education plans.
2) Consistently documents all patient and family education activities and facilitates comprehensive interdisciplinary teaching.
3) Assists with developing patient education materials.
4) Evaluates effectiveness and improves patient education processes.
- Advances evidence-based nursing practice using best available evidence, patient's and family's preferences and values, and team's clinical expertise at a competent level.
1) Able to successfully search for and apply evidence to guide clinical practice.
2) Shares search findings with peers.
3) Collaborates with team to incorporate evidence into clinical decision making, policies, and practice initiatives.
4) Recommends and participates in the implementation of practice changes.
5) Actively participates in the evaluation of practice changes.
6) Assures that personal practice is evidence based.
2. Professional Nursing Practice
- Exemplifies and supports the ACH Professional Practice Model.
1) Evaluates own performance to identify areas of strength and needs for professional development; provides input for peer evaluations.
2) Actively seeks constructive feedback regarding their own practice; Provides direct, honest constructive feedback to others.
3) Proactively maintains personal records/portfolio to identify accomplishments, ongoing learning needs and establish future goals.
4) Actively seeks experiences to maintain and enhance clinical skills and competence in a variety of settings.
5) Pursues certification and plans for advanced education in area of specialty.
- Competently mentors, coaches, precepts, and teaches healthcare professionals and students.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary Shared Decision Making activities and councils.
- Consistently demonstrates and fosters professional behaviors to create a positive, professional work environment.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive image of nursing and ACH.
- Is an active participant in improvement of patient care, nursing practice and the work environment.
1) Is an active participant in improvement of patient care, nursing practice and the work environment.
2) Participates in improvement activities (performance improvement, quality improvement, evidence-based practice, research).
3) Participates in the evaluation and implementation of equipment, products and technology.
4) Shares findings of improvement activities.
5) Ensures that improvement activities are evidenced-based.
3. Leadership in Patient Care
- Demonstrates accountability for quality of patient care across settings and caregivers.
1) Initiates advocacy actions on behalf of patients, families, and ACH Team.
- Demonstrates competent leadership skills in the practice setting, including the functions of team leading for a specified shift as needed.
1) Develops staff assignments to assure best possible patient outcomes.
2) Effectively communicates staffing needs to provide safe, quality family and patient centered care.
3) Competently ensures all quality and compliance issues are addressed within the designated time frame.
4) Demonstrates effective use of resources to best meet the patient and family needs within set acuity and budgetary guidelines.
5) Effectively communicates with the patient, family and interdisciplinary team to reach set goals, resolve conflict and/or recognize the need for resources.
6) Serves as a resource for clinical issues, unusual or high risk occurrences, complaints, or staff issues and seeks assistance from others as needed.
- Develops and demonstrates leadership skills in the practice setting.
1) Exhibits acceptance and is supportive through times of change.
2) Serves in key roles by actively participating on councils, committees, and hospital initiatives.
3) Routinely provides feedback to peers and objectively evaluates peer performance on an ongoing basis and during evaluations.
4) Actively participates in applicant peer interviews, on-boarding, recruitment and retention activities.
5) Creates a transparent culture of patient safety by acknowledging, accepting, and disclosing mistakes by self and others and encouraging peers to do the same.
6) Applies leadership skills to successfully guide individuals, groups, and activities to achieve patient goals and positive outcomes.
- Participates professional activities.
1) Participates in professional nursing organizations.
2) Participates in community organizations which promote health and wellness.
- Required - Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college program or technical school or nursing diploma - Field of Study: RN
- Preferred - Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university - Field of Study: BSN
- Required - 1 years total experience required, which includes 1 year of RN experience in department or comparable area and/or specialty. External RN's must have 2 years full-time experience in a comparable area and/or specialty experience
CERTIFICATION / LICENSE / REGISTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Required - RN License (AR or Compact State) (Candidate must possesss at time of hire)
- Preferred - Certification specific to patient population
- This position has no specific Skill requirements
- Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight Up to 50 pounds
(Manage safely with assistance of equipment or another person)
- Noise Level Noise Level
- Physical Activity Climb or balance
- Physical Activity Reach with hands and arms
- Physical Activity Sit
- Physical Activity Stand
- Physical Activity Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
- Physical Activity Talk or hear
- Physical Activity Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
- Physical Activity Walk
- Physical Environment Blood or bodily fluid
- Physical Environment Infectious disease
- Physical Environment Inside Office Environment / conditions
- Physical Environment Risk of radiation
- Physical Environment Work in a confined area
- Safety Sensitivity This position has been designated as safety sensitive.
Apply on company website