Summary of Position:
The HVAC Technician is responsible for responding to guest needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility. This involves performing a variety of tasks and trades.
- Respond to Guest challenges or requests throughout the Resort to make necessary repairs and accommodate the Guest, maintaining a safe environment.
- Work with all departments to make required repairs, ensuring a safe Resort.
- Read, interpret, and evaluate electrical schematics, refrigeration circuitries, mechanical components, blue prints, engineered drawings and any other HVAC equipment related documents.
- Perform HVAC repair and maintenance tasks, keeping accurate records which indicate when task was conducted, the components used, and outstanding issues.
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of HVAC repair and maintenance supplies, including appropriate levels of spare critical components of key equipment, such as server room A/C units.
- Report all major repairs, and items that cannot be repaired, to Management.
- Perform general maintenance duties as assigned which may include operating forklifts, motor vehicles, using jacks, hoists and other such non-trade specific tools.
- Maintain a clean working area, thoroughly cleaning up job area when tasks are completed or, if tasks are not completed, nearest end of shift.
- Due to the nature of our business the individual may be required to perform other duties and special projects as may be assigned by Management.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Experience: Experience with all maintenance trades required; 10+ years HVAC experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: CFC certificate; Valid drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, chilled water system chemistry, and natural / LPG gas properties.
- Skills in the use of related tools including both hand and power.
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, and carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards and Mystery Shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically and with honesty.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees, guests, and to prepare written records and read job related documents.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits a professional appearance, specific grooming standards are available in Human Resources for review.
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Apply on company website