About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.The General Manager is responsible for planning and managing food service across the entire campus. In conjunction with direct reports, develop strategic operations plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives to include sustainable practices while balancing the fiscal constraints of the operation.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Establish and maintain food production systems (PRIMA) and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving of food related products.
- Responsible for menu planning and development.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and food safety levels in respective areas are met.
- Develop operational component forecasts; monitor expenses and reports all variances.
- Responsible for component's budgeting and accounting functions.
- Conduct period inventory.
- Coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, and labor management.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain front line team.
- Provide Student, Client, Employee, and Community Advocacy.
- Drive customer service and employee engagement through effective use of customer and employee engagement surveys.
- Maintain records to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels within the client organization.
- Develop annual marketing plan for account.
- Look for opportunities to implement new products and services which support sales growth and client retention.
- Identify vertical sales growth opportunities and communicates with appropriate subject matter experts.
- Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of 5 years multi unit experience in dining, retail and or catering operations
- Previous experience in college/university or business dining is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years primary financial accountability with a direct reporting relationship to clients and senior executives is required.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing tools to increase top and bottom line as well as strong communication skills.
- Previous experience in a college setting with union experience is preferable.
Apply on company website